Job Title: Entry Level Transportation Engineer
Location: Work from home as long as within the State of Florida
Education: A BS in Civil or other related Engineering Degree or graduating within a few months.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: Immediately
Submit Cover Letter & Resume to email@example.com
Garrett Engineering Group (GEG) is seeking an entry level talented and motivated Transportation Engineer to help meet our firm’s goals and objectives. We will consider any viable candidate who is currently residing in the State of Florida and will be graduating with an accredited engineering degree within the next few months. This is a ‘work from home’ position…no relocation necessary!
What You’ll be Doing –
- First of all…You will be working from home! No commuting and fighting traffic!
- We expect 8 hours per day and the ability to be contacted within regular business hours (9:00am to 5:00pm) But working hours are flexible.
- Becoming familiar with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) design process. We currently work in four districts ranging from Fort Myers to Jacksonville. (We do prepare design documents for counties and other municipalities…but it will mainly be designing FDOT projects).
- Learning how to prepare a variety of FDOT plans including roadways, sidewalks, signals, lighting & signing and marking plans utilizing Microstation/GeoPak.
- Becoming familiar with the FDOT Design Standards, Specifications and Pay Items in order for the contractor to understand what and how he needs to build the project.
- Attending field meetings at the project site to understand how the plans you see on your computer screen relate to the ‘real world’.
- Learning other Transportation related software such as GuideSIGN, AutoTurn & Synchro, to name a few.
- Communicating through Teams and texts with your design team throughout the day to keep the plans production running smoothly and on schedule.
- Learning the basics first …’What is a Key Sheet?’ …’What is a Typical Section Package?’…’How does the contractor bid on a project we designed?’ We start you off slowly with the fundamentals so you develop a solid foundation of the process. We encourage questions at all times…and we are all eager to help you learn.
- Growing your technical and personal communications skills on a daily basis. The more you know and can do then the more valuable you are to everyone!
- Compensation for health insurance
- Quarterly bonuses
- Simple 401K… with company contribution
- A BS in Civil or other related Engineering Degree or graduating within a few months.